Corporate Engagement support
We work with the private sector to drive investment, innovation, and scalability to accelerate the alternative protein supply chain. Learn more about how we can support you in this process.
Working with companies at every stage
We provide guidance to companies across the global alternative protein industry to drive investment, accelerate innovation, and scale the supply chain faster than market forces alone would allow. We can work within a non-disclosure agreement for complete confidentiality.
We help consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies, meat companies, and alternative protein companies analyze the market opportunity, understand the consumer, identify product and category white spaces, explore partnerships and growth opportunities, and scale to meet consumer demand. Overall, our work enables food manufacturers to build and grow successful alternative protein strategies, and ultimately brings to market alternative protein products that are as accessible, affordable, and as delicious as their animal product counterparts.
Here are a few ways we support food manufacturers:
- Provide tailored education on alternative protein white spaces and opportunities.
- Educate stakeholders on the broad alternative protein landscape, or provide deep dives into a particular topic (for example, cultivated meat, plant protein sources, packaging and labeling, or alternative seafood).
- Make high-potential introductions to alternative protein researchers and talent.
- Offer input on strategy and product development.
- Provide research-based marketing guidance to maximize sales.
Check out our additional resources for food manufacturers.
Our no-cost engagements with institutional investors provide education on the alternative protein industry, including reviewing commercial landscape and industry developments, investment white spaces, sales and investment trends, consumer insights, technological updates, and more.
Here are a few ways we support investors:
- Consult on how best to shape an alternative protein investment strategy.
- Present financial and impact opportunities in alternative proteins to institutional investors considering investing in the industry for the first time or deepening their investment.
- Help craft an agenda and source speakers for an alternative protein “investor day” or client webinar.
- Present to a bank’s wealth management division to educate advisors and/or their clients on the investment opportunities within the alternative protein industry.
- Consult with sell-side analysts on how best to incorporate alternative protein in research coverage.
Check out our additional resources for investors.
We support retailers in expanding plant-based product assortments and using evidence-based merchandising and marketing strategies to maximize sales. We also educate on the expanding technology and innovation landscape to support retailers in distributing cultivated and fermentation-derived meat in the future.
Here are a few ways we support retailers:
- Guide product needs for private label lines, and help publicize and provide quotes for media.
- Advise on merchandising strategies across shelving, signage, and labelling, and supporting integration of plant-based foods in the meat aisle.
- Collaborate on market analysis and studies.
- Educate stakeholders on the broad alternative protein landscape, or provide deep dives into a particular topic (for example, cultivated meat, fermentation, product and category white spaces, the private label competitive landscape).
- Introduce retailers to alternative protein suppliers and brands.
Check out our additional resources for retailers.
Our supply chain efforts seek to help supply keep pace and drive demand by supporting interventions that scale the production of alternative protein products and upstream inputs as well as improve the sensory quality, variety, functionality, and price of end-products. We work with ingredient companies, equipment manufacturers, and other suppliers creating the next generation of enabling technologies.
Here are a few ways we support suppliers:
- Provide in-person or virtual presentations on the challenges and opportunities available in the alternative protein supply chain.
- Share curated insights from our market and consumer research as well as our Solutions Database.
- Make high-potential introductions to alternative protein manufacturers.
Check out our additional resources for manufacturing and production.
Startups and entrepreneurs
To help alternative proteins succeed in the marketplace, we work to accelerate the growth of the startup ecosystem. We help entrepreneurs learn about planning, launching, and scaling an alternative protein startup from ideation to product development and commercialization.
Here are a few ways we support startups and entrepreneurs:
- Offer feedback on pitch decks, business plans, and strategy.
- Assist with early-stage business establishment.
- Share curated insights from GFI’s market and consumer research as well as our Solutions Database.
- Answer regulatory and scientific questions.
Check out our additional resources for entrepreneurs.
Corporate Engagement support
If you are interested in engaging with us, please fill out the following form. Due to the high volume of requests we receive, we are not able to guarantee support.
In addition to providing one-on-one support for companies with the potential to rapidly accelerate the alternative protein shift, we offer a number of self-service resources designed to support companies of all sizes and scopes.
Find support with product development, market and consumer research, and distribution strategy.
Connect with startups who are fundraising. Learn about the market and technical landscape for plant-based meat, cultivated meat, and fermentation.
Learn about planning, launching, and growing an alternative protein startup, from idea to product development, and commercialization.
Alternative proteins are rapidly growing. GFI offers no-cost advising including product development, merchandising, promotion, and marketing.