This webinar will explore the key characteristics of plant protein sources for alternative protein end products, including:
A basic overview of plant proteins, processing, and choice parameters like functionality, price, sourcing, and nutrition.
• A glance at the landscape of major (e.g. soy, wheat, pea) and emerging (e.g. lupin, mung bean, duckweed) plant protein sources.
• Synergistic combinations of different plant proteins.
• An overview of processing considerations for plant proteins across key applications.
• Consumer perceptions of different plant protein sources.
• Emma Ignaszewski, Corporate Engagement Project Manager, Good Food Institute
• Chris Gregson, Greenstalk Food Consulting
• Kyle Gaan, Research Analyst, Good Food Institute
• Erin Rees Clayton, Associate Director of Science and Technology, Good Food Institute
Stay up-to-date on new seminars in the series
The Science and Business of Alternative Protein seminar series is hosted within the GFIdeas community. Join the global community of 2,000+ entrepreneurs, scientists, investors, and subject matter experts. Discuss projects on the members-only Slack community, attend monthly seminars, and use the community directory to help you find collaborators!
Announcing the return of VWS Pathfinder on Oct 27th, the world’s only women founder summit and pitch competition dedicated to…
Structuring plant-based whole muscle cut analogues using extrusion and less-refined, protein-rich colloids
Join Dr. Caroline Mellinger, Researcher at Embrapa, to learn about her GFI-funded research to optimize the production of protein concentrates…
Join branding and consumer research experts in a panel discussing how alternative protein companies can leverage storytelling to build awareness…
Join GFI for a Seafood Webinar and Informal Networking (SWIM) event on October 20th featuring the latest science advancing cultivated…
Join GFI for a webinar covering the momentum of the alternative seafood industry. Learn about innovation opportunities in this urgent…
The world’s most in-depth, cross-sector gathering focused on the power and potential of alternative proteins to fundamentally change food and…
Are you interested in working in alternative protein? Join SciTech university innovation specialist, Christina Aguila, to learn more about what…
Fi Global Connect will feature live sessions and exhibition booths from ingredient suppliers around the world.