This webinar will explore the key characteristics of plant protein sources for alternative protein end products, including:
A basic overview of plant proteins, processing, and choice parameters like functionality, price, sourcing, and nutrition.
• A glance at the landscape of major (e.g. soy, wheat, pea) and emerging (e.g. lupin, mung bean, duckweed) plant protein sources.
• Synergistic combinations of different plant proteins.
• An overview of processing considerations for plant proteins across key applications.
• Consumer perceptions of different plant protein sources.
• Emma Ignaszewski, Corporate Engagement Project Manager, Good Food Institute
• Chris Gregson, Greenstalk Food Consulting
• Kyle Gaan, Research Analyst, Good Food Institute
• Erin Rees Clayton, Associate Director of Science and Technology, Good Food Institute
Stay up-to-date on new seminars in the series
The Science and Business of Alternative Protein seminar series is hosted within the GFIdeas community. Join the global community of 2,000+ entrepreneurs, scientists, investors, and subject matter experts. Discuss projects on the members-only Slack community, attend monthly seminars, and use the community directory to help you find collaborators!
Are you interested in working in alternative protein? Join SciTech associate director Dr. Erin Rees Clayton to learn more about…
The annual Food Edge conference brings together industry leaders, disruptive startups, and leading researchers to discuss and collaborate around the…
Fi Global Connect will feature live sessions and exhibition booths from ingredient suppliers around the world.
Join William Reed for an all-day event for plant-based ingredient and end product manufacturers, brands, and retailers.
Join GFI Senior Scientist Elliot Swartz, Ph.D., for a review of key insights from a recent life cycle assessment (LCA)…
Join GFI for a Seafood Webinar and Informal Networking (SWIM) event on March 16 on the role of macroalgae in…
Future Food-Tech returns to San Francisco. The Summit is acclaimed as the most international gathering of food business leaders, VC…
Join XPRIZE plant-based protein expert, MJ Kinney, for a review of key insights from her white paper on creating an…