Join GFI for a Seafood Webinar and Informal Networking (SWIM) event on March 16 on the role of macroalgae in alternative meat and seafood. We will start with a panel discussion between seasoned experts in seaweed cultivation, processing, and alternative protein production about the opportunities and barriers to building all three industry segments in parallel. We will then move to an optional networking session to build bridges and identify opportunities for collaboration.
- Dr. Ira “Ike” Levine, Ph.D., Professor, Natural & Applied Sciences, University of Southern Maine
- Beth Zotter, Co-founder & CEO, UMARO
- Michelle Wolf, Co-founder and Chief of Staff, New Wave Foods
- Paul O’Connor, Director, This is Seaweed
- Dr. CRK Reddy, CEO. The Indian Centre for Climate and Societal Impact Research, Shri Vivekanand Research and Training Institute
- Dr. Charlie Bavington, Co-founder and CTO, Oceanium
The Science of Alt Protein: Sustainable carbon and nitrogen sources for fermentative production of alternative proteins
Join GFI for our next Science of Alt Protein seminar to delve into Dr. Ujor’s research, which has important implications for sustainable and cost-effective protein production via fermentation.
VERGE 23 is a leading climate tech event focused on accelerating solutions to the most pressing challenges of our time. Join over 5,000 professionals working together to address the climate…
This webinar will highlight the exciting findings of GFI’s latest analysis identifying high-value crop “leftovers” or sidestreams with tremendous potential for maximizing food production via alternative proteins.
Join GFI at Reuters Transform Food, a conference focused on improving the resiliency of global food and agriculture systems.
Are you interested in working in alternative protein? Join SciTech academic community coordinator, Asia Sheehab, to learn more about pursuing an academic or industry career in this rapidly growing field.