Research Associate – APAC
THE GOOD FOOD INSTITUTE ASIA PACIFIC
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is an international network of nonprofit think tanks working to make the global food system better for the planet, people, and animals. Alongside scientists, businesses, and policymakers, GFI’s teams focus on making plant-based, fermentation-enabled, and cultivated proteins delicious, affordable, and accessible. Powered by philanthropy, we are advancing alternative proteins as an essential solution needed to meet the world’s climate, global health, food security, and biodiversity goals. GFI APAC is our think tank covering the APAC region and is headquartered in Singapore.
How you will make a difference
The Research Associate will play an indispensable role in GFI APAC’s Corporate Engagement (CE) team. You will leverage your research and analytical skills to develop a market-leading understanding of regional market and consumer trends in alternative proteins. You will stay abreast of the latest trends in this fast-moving industry, identify market and consumer research gaps and close them, execute new research and synthesise various data sources, develop data-driven findings, and communicate game-changing insights to accelerate the alternative protein industry. You will be responsible for:
- Leading data analysis and research, and supporting insights generation: Keeping abreast of the latest research related to the industry and consumers, planning and executing market research projects, synthesising data and research, analysing data, and working with the CE team to translate findings into actionable insights.
- Developing actionable industry resources: Developing compelling resources to convey cutting-edge research, including industry and consumer research reports, market research dashboards, presentation decks, webinars, and databases.
- Capturing knowledge: Developing and maintaining a knowledge management system for the CE team by monitoring external research, maintaining a repository of up-to-date resources and data, and regularly updating department resources with the latest information.
- Identifying and closing research gaps: Assessing the biggest market and consumer research and data gaps in the region, and putting forward recommendations to address those gaps.
- Being a go-to-expert on the team: Staying on top of the latest trends, providing analytical support to GFI APAC staff by reviewing research, analysing data, and helping to prepare for meetings and presentations, and engaging with external stakeholders where appropriate to lend your industry and consumer expertise.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Who we’re looking for
The Research Associate must have:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in consulting, and/or consumer insights or market research, and/or the food industry.
- Excellent analytical skills, including strong proficiency with Excel, the ability to clean and manage large datasets, to forecast and develop projections, to analyse and synthesise data and research, and to use data for generating insights and decision-making.
- Deep familiarity with the market research process, preferably direct experience overseeing or supporting project execution involving market research organisations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proficiency creating Powerpoint presentations, writing reports, and succinctly communicating actionable insights to stakeholders.
- A strong understanding of the diverse APAC region and appreciation of the localised nature of market realities and consumer needs.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Extremely self-motivated and a self-starter who excels at working independently and taking charge of his or her own learning and development.
- Comfort working remotely in a rapidly changing sector and fast-growing organization.
- Strong support and intellectual curiosity for GFI’s philosophy and mission; with demonstrated interest in alternative proteins, food security, public health, sustainability, and/or animal protection.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
Research indicates that men tend to apply for jobs when they meet just 60% of the criteria, while women and other marginalized groups only apply if they are a 100% match. If you are passionate about GFI’s mission and think you have what it takes to be successful in this role even if you don’t check all the boxes, please apply. We’d appreciate the opportunity to consider your application.
The fine print
- Terms of employment: Full-time
- Reports to: Corporate Engagement Manager
- Location: Remote; Singapore
- Benefits: Working from home, flexible working hours, opportunity to create real impact, respectful managers and supportive colleagues.
- Application deadline: We will be assessing candidates on a rolling basis, so please apply now!
- Application process: Please complete this short form, upload your CV and cover letter. Your cover letter (of 1-2 pages) should set out:
• What motivated you to apply for this role?
• How do you meet the requirements listed in the job description?
• Which bit of the job description energises you the most?
Beyond the initial screening process, there will be several further rounds. We really look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions about this role, please do reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you’ve read this far but decided not to apply, please feel free to share this job description with someone else in your network who you think might be a good fit for the role. Thank you!
Alternative protein career portal
Learn how to make a career and find open positions in the exciting field of alternative proteins.